The One Club - Terms & Conditions
- These Terms and Conditions set out the terms and conditions that apply to your membership of The One Club.
- The One Club is managed and operated by R&A Championships Limited (referred to as "we" or "us" or "our" below). We are registered in Scotland under company number SC247047 and have our registered office at Beach House, Golf Place, St Andrews, Fife KY16 9JA. In joining The One Club, you ("you" or "your") are accepting these terms and conditions. If you do not agree to our terms and conditions, you must notify us and we will cancel your membership to The One Club.
- The One Club is not a members' or proprietors' club.
2. Membership Eligibility
- To become a Member an individual must either (i) apply online, by phone or in person or (ii) be enrolled as a Member of The One Club by us if we already hold your information. Your postal address and date of birth provided as part of your application to become a Member or held by us already may determine the applicability of any local rules or restrictions relating to the Benefits and eligibility for local promotions.
- Only individuals who are 16 years of age or over may be Members.
- We reserve the right not to enrol individuals with resident addresses in certain countries and/or regions. Such countries and/or regions are subject to change however reasonable advance notice will be given in circumstances where the removal of a country and/or region will affect the membership of existing Members.
- Membership is not open to companies, partnerships, unincorporated associations or similar entities.
- Membership is offered at our discretion and we may refuse Membership to any applicant.
3. Membership Benefits
- As a Member of The One Club we may offer you certain benefits. For a full list of Membership Benefits, please visit www.theopen.com/TheOneClub.
- Nothing in these terms and conditions guarantees that you will receive any or all Membership Benefits and we retain discretion whether or not to offer any Membership Benefits to you.
4. Your Details
- You must give us written notice of any changes of name, postal or email address.
- Correspondence will be sent to your last postal address and/or the e-mail address provided on application or already held by us. We won't be responsible for late, lost or misdirected mail.
5. Membership Duration
- Your Membership will automatically renew on 1 August 2018 and on 1 August each year thereafter. We will contact you each year to confirm this is the case and to remind you to contact us if you no longer want to be a Member of The One Club.
- You may terminate your Membership at any time by contacting us stating that you no longer wish to be a Member. Our contact details are set out below.
- We reserve the right at all times to make any changes to these Terms and Conditions subject to giving you reasonable notice as appropriate in the circumstances. If you do not accept the amendments you may end your Membership as described in paragraph 5.2 above.
- We may terminate The One Club at any time. Except in the event of our insolvency we will use reasonable endeavours to give at least one month notice to Members that The One Club is being dissolved. In the event of our insolvency, or otherwise at the end of the period of notice, you acknowledges and agrees that your right to the Membership Benefits will cease with immediate effect.
6. Exclusion of liability
- If we are in breach of the arrangements under these terms and conditions, we will not be responsible for any losses that you suffer as a result, unless the losses are a foreseeable consequence of the breach. Loss or damage is foreseeable if either it is obvious that it will happen or where it could be contemplated by you and us at the time you were offered the relevant Member Benefit.
- We will also not be responsible for paying any compensation to you for any loss or damage to property incurred during your receipt of a Member Benefit, unless the loss or damage was suffered as a result of our negligence or other breach of duty.
- Nothing in these terms and conditions shall limit any rights you may have which are not capable of being lawfully excluded or limited, nor shall these terms and conditions exclude or restrict our liability to you for any death or personal injury resulting from our negligence or breach of duty.
- We will not be liable for any loss if, by reason of local legal or regulatory prohibitions or restrictions, The One Club or the whole or any part of the Membership Benefits cannot be made available in certain countries or to certain Members.
- We may modify, withdraw, amend or add to any Membership Benefits or other offers or arrangements or impose any requirements or restrictions relating to the use of Membership Benefits. We will give as much advance notice as practicable of such action to you.
- You shall be deemed to have agreed to any modifications, withdrawal, amendment or addition to the Membership Benefits if, after you have been notified of the changes, you continue to access the Membership Benefits. If you do not wish to accept the changes, you may end your Membership in the manner described in Section 5.
8. Your Rights
- You may not transfer any of your rights under these terms and conditions.
- If any provision of these terms and conditions is found to be invalid by any court having competent jurisdiction, the invalidity of that provision will not affect the validity of the remaining provisions of these terms and conditions, which shall remain in full force and effect.
- In agreeing to these terms and conditions and becoming a Member of The One Club, you agree that we can utilise your name, image or likeness in, or incidental to, any photograph or live or recorded television or in any other type of transmission or reproduction, in whole or in part, and that you shall not be entitled to any compensation or credit.
9. Governing Law and Jurisdiction
- If you are resident within the European Union then the contract between us shall be governed by the law of the country within the European Union in which you are resident and any dispute arising under this contract shall be referred to the relevant courts having authority in that country. If you are not resident in the European Union then the contract between us shall be governed by the laws of Scotland and any disputes relating to that contract shall be decided in the Scottish Courts.
10. Contact Details
- All enquiries and correspondence from you to us should be addressed to: The One Club, The R&A, St Andrews, Fife, KY16 9JD, Scotland, UK; Tel: + 44 (0)1334 460000; Fax: + 44 (0)1334 460112; Email: email@example.com.