A former Open venue, Prince’s Golf Club is a classic seaside layout that was re-built following World War II.
The course was completed in 1906 with a layout that was among the first to counter the longer distances being achieved with the new breed of rubber-core golf balls. At just under 7,000 yards, it quickly gained a great reputation as a top quality links and an excellent test of golf.
In 1932 The Open visiting Prince’s for what would prove to be the first and only time. Gene Sarazen set a new scoring record for the Championship of 283 using his newly invented sand wedge. The present-day 27-hole layout is the result of a 1950 re-design following war-time damage to the original course which was redesigned and rebuilt by Sir Guy Campbell and John Morrison.
Prince's has hosted The Open on one occasion. Click on the year below to see all the details from that Open.